Guora Gate is the only remaining part of the Venetian
fortifications that were constructed between 1540 and 1570.
The gate stands at the Square of the Four Martyrs and leads to
Ethniki Antistaseon, or 'Market Street'. During the
Venetian Period the gate was the main entrance to the town,
forming part of a fortified wall which stretched from the beach
at Plateia Iroon in the East to Plateia Vardinoyianni in the
West and then on to the Fortezza.
Please click here for a map